Call me old fashioned, but I love practical gifts. Something that will bring joy to the recipient every day. That’s why some of my favorite gifts to give and receive are pretty candles and fun mugs. There’s something luxurious about lighting a candle in the evening, and I love having brightly-colored mugs to wake up my morning cups of tea. I’m not a fan of saving something for ‘special occasions’ – I believe that we should indulge a little each day. Gifts don’t need to be expensive (everything on this list is under $30), but they can help make our days a little fancier.
Here are my gift picks for all the career girls in your life:
1. For the jet setter: This philosophy Snow Angel duo is a great gift for the girl who frequently goes on business trips or travels home to visit family. The three-in-one shampoo, body wash, and bubble bath, and matching lotion, are all you need to throw in your toiletry bag for a weekend trip. Plus this scent is the perfect mix of fresh and sweet.
2. For the next Emily Schuman: The All in Good Taste book from Kate Spade will transform any girl into the hostess with the mostest. A mix of how-tos, recipes, and anecdotes, this book will top every aspiring lifestyle blogger’s gift list.
3. For the girl who likes cozy nights in: Fun fact: Target has the BEST candles, and this one is no exception. “Under the Mistletoe” will warm up a Christmas movie and chill night, and make that artificial tree smell real.
4. For the girl who works from sun up to sun down: This “I need to unplug” journal from Knock Knock is a nice reminder to power down every once in awhile. Set an out of office reply, log off of Facebook, and be one with your thoughts.
5. For the girl who is sophisticated and sweet: We all have a friend who has posted one too many photos of French macarons on her Instagram feed (I’m probably the culprit in my friend group), so let her enjoy these pretty cookies every morning with this mug from Kate Spade.
6. For the chocolate lover: This “Peppermint Bark” candle from Target is a nice blend of chocolate and peppermint. Light this up and it will smell like you’re in Mrs. Claus’ kitchen. (How many days until we’re home with grandma’s Christmas cookies again?)
7. For the Sloan Sabbith of your friend group: This 8×10 print from Saffron Avenue is for the nerd girl in all of us. Not to mention it will look oh so chic hanging in your cubicle at work.
8. For the planner: Is there honestly anything better than craft paper? I’d say no, and this 2016 calendar from Sugar Paper for Target will instantly prettify any home office or cubicle. Plus, the large boxes allow you to write in dates and appointments to keep you organized.
9. For the glam girl: This breakups to makeup holiday bag from Sephora is a great gift for the beauty obsessed. There’s no such thing as too many cosmetic bags, and this one has rose gold foil detailing. Gorgeous! I don’t see any cons here.
10. For the girl who rocks red lips on the daily: This “read my lips” mug from Kate Spade is glamorous and fun – perfect for the career girl who rocks the board room with the same vitality as happy hour.
Do you have any #girlboss gifts I missed? Leave them in the comments below or tweet me at @ryanrcaitlin.