I often forget how close we are to Thanksgiving and Christmas because I’m still able to walk Rufio wearing a light jacket. These pretty 70-degree days are definitely throwing off my internal clock. Speaking of Rufio, I feel like we’ve really turned a corner with him in terms of training – he slept through the night for the first time, he’s eating more, and we taught him how to sit and lay down 🙂 This month also marked the first time I had to leave him to go on a business trip, and I worried about my little baby. Good thing our dog walker texts photo updates every day!
This year, we’ll be staying down south for Thanksgiving and having a “Friends-giving,” and I’m looking forward to the 4-day weekend to relax and cheer on the Panthers with my two boys. However, we’re already counting down to Christmas (I may or may not have started perusing the Christmas movies on Netflix) when we’ll be heading home to New York.
Here’s what we’ve been up to this past month:
My new nameplate at work–current theme is favorite movies. “It’s a Chinese Crested!”
Pink donut I picked up after donating bras to a women’s shelter for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
In a recent group text I told my friends, “I love the Internet.” And I really do. Every morning I take a scroll through Twitter and Facebook for good content, and then take a peek at Instagram for pretty pictures. Every day I always find the best articles and want to share them with everyone. I RT like crazy, but tweets have such a short shelf life. I wanted a new platform to share my good Internet finds. Enter this new blog series: good finds.
Here are my first five picks:
- Tough Love: The Advertising Business is Hard: A great article about the reality of working in advertising/marketing. Jonathan Cude says, “Most people getting into this business are unprepared for the level of disappointment and rejection they’re going to encounter, even at the best of creative agencies. Why is it so crucial for students to know this? Because resilience, and the ability to cope with disappointment, is the single most defining characteristic that will determine their success.”
- Ashley Brooke Designs Holiday Collection: ABD has released her 2015 holiday collection with a mix of mugs and notepads, and all of the pieces are the cutest! Dear Santa, I’ll take the “I’ve got my love to keep me warm” mug. I swear I’ve been good!
- Andrew McMahon reveals the real story behind Something Corporate’s “Konstantine”: The world now makes sense. And we finally understand his ramblings in the middle verses!
- Liberty Tabletop Formal Dining Etiquette Infographic: Whether you’re hosting a holiday this season or meeting the parents for the first time, this cute infographic has all of your dining etiquette questions covered. I know I never learned this stuff in school!
- Kate Spade One in a Million Business Card Holder: I picked up this adorable business card holder during Kate Spade’s friends & family sale. Keeping all of my cards in this cute case is much easier than trying to fish one out from the bottom of my purse – plus, it’s monogrammed!