Even though Thanksgiving is still a week away, I’m in full-on holiday mode. We’ve already watched two Christmas movies on Netflix, our Christmas cards have been ordered, delivered, and are waiting on our island with stamps, and I’ve already started preparing our Christmas music playlist for our 12-hour drive up to New York. I’m in the holiday spirit, and I can’t be stopped. But I’m still looking forward to turkey, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Gobble gobble!
Here are five good finds from this past week:
- Blooming apple pie with maple butter glaze: If you want to be an overachiever and win the dessert table this Thanksgiving, try your hand at this beautiful apple pie. If you do, send me a picture. I’ll be super impressed/jealous of your baking skills.
- Will red lipstick kill or kickstart your career? Aliza Licht (DKNY PR Girl) is known for her signature red lips and nails. Do you rock red at the office? Personally, I save red lips for the weekends, but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect the women who wear it to meetings!
- 14 healthy breakfast hacks flight attendants swear by: These plane-friendly meals will save me on my next trip for work. They certainly beat my typical breakfast of flavored water and a pop-tarts pack that I pick up in the news store at the airport along with a copy of Marie Claire. I’m too ashamed of this meal to even put it on an expense report.
- Tips for decorating a small space for the holidays: In my mind, it’s already Christmas, and MPR & I never skimp on the decorations even though we’ve only lived in 650 square feet for the past three years. This article gave me even MORE ideas to up the holiday cheer in our apartment.
- 11 differences between busy people and productive people: You know those people who are always overwhelmed and literally running down the halls of your office? Here’s how to not become one of them.